This is me and a man named Joel McHale.
This is the third time I got to meet him and let me tell ya the third time definitely is the charm!
I’ve been watching The Soup for a pretty long time and I love Community as well so when I heard Joel McHale was coming to my town another time I was very excited!
My local news channel was hosting a contest to win tickets to see his show and I tried every day to win some tickets for my friends and I.
One day, while trying to win tickets, I was caller number three (two times in one day might I add) when caller number four was the number that was supposed to win tickets.
I then tweeted about how I was upset that I couldn’t win tickets to see Joel McHale and I mentioned Joel McHale’s username in the tweet without thinking anything of it.
Later that night, my phone went off alerting me that someone tweeted me! I was very surprised to find that it was a direct message from Joel McHale asking me what show I would like to go to.
After a long but simple process I finally got free tickets to see Joel McHale and also some free backstage passes.
Joel’s standup was hilarious of course (and the opener was very funny as well) and the backstage process was nothing short of wonderful!
All of this goes to show that Joel really is one of the nicest and sincerest people despite what people may think of him because of what they see on TV.
I told Joel how much I appreciated the free tickets and how much I loved The Soup/Community and you could just tell he was so happy and he gave me the biggest/greatest hug!
Joel held long and interesting conversations with my friends and I while we were backstage with him and he was just so nice and awesome. You can tell he had trouble trying to keep 3 conversations going at once but I think he managed pretty well. Joel even invited my friends and I to a taping of The Soup!
I wish I could write more of all the nice things he said to my friends and I that night but that would be too much! But as I said several times before, Joel McHale is quite possibly the nicest man I’ve ever met.
- silver-tongued-lawyer likes this
- keybladeofsteel reblogged this from queenoftheicecream
- me-and-be likes this
- get--psyched likes this
- sneakylittlemoocow likes this
- districtunrest likes this
- hoppermopper likes this
- communitythings likes this
- oddnfantastic likes this
- brokenkneeandruineddreams likes this
- ladylikeposture likes this
- allegrocantabile likes this
- ohmistershoddycontent reblogged this from queenoftheicecream
- candystaples likes this
- futureunwritten reblogged this from queenoftheicecream and added:
- futureunwritten likes this
- lilylived likes this
- joelmchaleftw said:I’m so happy for you ; 3; Honestly. I hope he doesn’t get type-casted as an asshole. For all I’ve heard (and a super brief personal experience), he really is a beautiful human being. He is the NICEST. CELEBRITY. EVER.
- joelmchaleftw likes this
- imma-die-by-werewolf likes this
- nothin-to-see reblogged this from queenoftheicecream and added:
- queenoftheicecream posted this